Job Vacancy Opened at Tushinde Children’s Trust for Application | How to Apply.
The Tushinde Children’s Trust Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
Tushinde Children’s Trust Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The Tushinde Children’s Trust recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Kenyapen.com.
- The Tushinde Children’s Trust jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Tushinde Children’s Trust Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
Tushinde is a charity working in Nairobi’s Mathare and Kiambiu informal settlements with over 450 vulnerable children. Through our team of professional social workers, we provide tailored family support and education to children from vulnerable families. We help families stay together by sharing the financial burden and support them from crisis to independence. Our youth programs focus on trainings and mentorship for adolescent boys and girls that give them opportunities to share and develop supportive relationships outside of home and school.
Tushinde is a child focused organisation committed to child protection and protection of vulnerable adults, hence all candidates will be screened prior to engagement and will be expected to understand and adhere to the principles of child protection policy.
We are recruiting a social worker who meets the requirements below and with specific experience working with youths, ideally in an informal settlement context.
Key requirements and skills
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized examination body in community development and social work or equivalent. Counseling skills will be an added advantage.
- 2-3 years of experience as a social worker, preferably with youth
- Competent ICT skills, including word processing and Excel, use of emails, group messaging and data collection
- Good solid numeracy and literacy skills
- Reliable with strong time management skills
- Ability to work within a dynamic team with flexibility and focus
- Organisation and planning skills with ability to prioritise own workload and strong attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems on one’s own
- A passion for ensuring that every child has a chance in life
- An ability to be flexible and adaptable in a new and growing organisation
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Help in identifying/seeking out vulnerable youths who need to be enrolled in the youth prevention programme and offer tailored interventions aimed at aspiring youths aim for a brighter future free from poverty.
- Intervene in emergency situations to benefit the lives of youth who are at high risk of school dropout, family breakdown, unplanned pregnancies, involvement in drugs, alcohol and crime as well as prostitution and gangs.
- Document assessment information, crisis interventions and any correspondence with youths or other professionals. Documentation must be thorough, accurate and timely in order to benefit both the client and the organization.
- Prioritize tasks, use good decision making practices and keep a calendar of important events or projects.
- Lead in planning and organizing youth group forums, small group mentoring sessions, consultation and advocacy with local partner organisations and access to vocational training.
- Assist the M&E team in monitoring and evaluation element to ensure the work is having an impact.
- With the help of the senior social worker, conducting interviews with individual youth to assess and review their situation with use of My Star tool.
- Offering trainings, information and support to youths and ensure they access the right support to address concerns or challenges.
- Recommending and sometimes making decisions about the best course of action for a particular youth or family.
- Participating in meetings regarding, for example case management and child protection.
- Prepare activity reports for both internal and external use.
Start Date: Position open until filled, 9 months contract and renewal will depend on funding
How to Apply
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Tushinde Children’s Trust Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!