Save the Children Job Vacancy Application Ongoing | How to Apply For Save the Children Recruitment Opportunity Online.
The Save the Children Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
Save the Children Job Vacancy Application Overview.
The Save the Children recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Kenyapen.com.
- The Save the Children jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Save the Children Job Vacancy Positions And How To Apply.
Save the Children has been operational in Kenya, since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. In 2018 we reached more than 900,000 Kenyans (61% children) directly and over 3 million indirectly through our programmes.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
The Fleet/Warehousing Assistant is responsible for assisting in warehouse management, safe driving of vehicles and staff for Save the Children Kenya programme. He/ She should ensure proper maintenance of warehouse and cleanliness of vehicles in compliance with required standards. In addition, the role holder will be responsible of ensuring warehouse management and vehicles are serviced on time and maintenance reports are generated on monthly basis. The role holder will be required to provide excellent service delivery to the programme in regard warehousing in line with Save the Children policies and SOPS. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Key Areas of Accountability
- With the assistance of the Supply Chain Coordinator, implement effective stock management and administration systems, thoroughly monitoring stock levels and advising on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands
- Ensure that the items in the warehouse are properly stored and all records are up to date
- Ensure all incoming and outgoing stock is managed according to the warehousing and stock management standards as per SCI policies and regulations.
- Custodian of all warehouse documentation. Ensure that all paper work is completed and filed correctly. These include GRNs, Stock release, waybills, bin cards, stock cards and distribution lists.
- Check and inspect goods received and ensure they are of accurate quantity, specifications and acceptable quality.
- Record any damaged, faulty/missing goods.
- Liaise with the Office Cleaner to ensure that the warehouse is neat and clean at all times.
- Ensure the appropriate storage and physical condition of stocks according to their specific requirements
- Ensure all stock is released with stock release form and stock release approval.
- Ensure all goods are tracked by description, source of funds (SOF) code and project code.
Vehicle driving and Maintenance:
- Providing weekly/Monthly usage report of vehicles including total mileage, fuel consumption and expenditure.
- Organise the transport of supplies directly to SCI designated location for use.
- In consultation with the Fleet Officer, coordinate staff movement.
- Plan, assign, supervise, review and participate in the inspection of SCI and hired vehicles.
- Collaborate with the procurement team on all procurement of applicable parts and maintenance activities of all SCI fleet.
- Ensure that the Line Manager is immediately informed of any accidents/incidents and the accident reported to the police as appropriate and as soon as possible.
- Ensure that the vehicle is insured and in the event of an accident make certain that proper procedures for insurance claims are followed.
- Report and supervise all maintenance and repair needs of assigned vehicles.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Work Location: Nairobi
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary school education.
- Professional qualification / certificate in warehousing management or equivalent.
- Minimum of Possess a (BCE/ ABCE)-Class Driving License for more than 5 years of professional driving experience in an NGO or similar environment, including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programs
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Similar skills in Kiswahili will be an added advantage.
- Some practical experience of user vehicle maintenance.
- Proven experience working as a Mechanic /Driver Logistics Assistant in a similar context.
- Vehicle mechanic course from a recognized institution preferably government graded (Trade text 1)
- Ability to multi task and work calmly under pressure is essential for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in an insecure environment is critical
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health, HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined the programmes of SC UK, SC Canada and SC Finland to create a single operation in Kenya. In Feb 2014, we completed a second transition, which saw us join forces with the British INGO, Merlin, and merge their health and nutrition programmes with our own. Save the Children now has an operational presence in Bungoma, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Garissa, Mandera, Turkana and Wajir and we work through partners in many other parts of the country. In total, we employ around 184 staff and had an operating annual budget in 2019 of approximately US$ 12.4 million. In 2016, Save the Children established a new project office in Madagascar whose operations the Kenya CO manages.
Emergency Preparedness Advisor
- Job TypeFull Time
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
We are recruiting for an Emergency Preparedness Advisor to lead global preparedness processes and activities to help ensure our capability to respond to humanitarian crisis across the world, with speed, efficiency and quality.
You will push the preparedness agenda across our members and countries and seek constantly to improve understanding of, and buy-in, to preparedness. You will support countries and regional teams to help them develop Early Action plans and advocate for ‘no-regret’ implementation of these plans when humanitarian crises are likely to occur. You may also be required to provide direct support to humanitarian responses.
In order to be successful you will bring/be:
- Field–based humanitarian experience gained within multiple emergency response contexts
- Thorough working knowledge of emergency preparedness approaches and activities, as well as Early Action planning
- A clear thinker who remains calm and focussed when working under pressure, with experience in delivering results in exceptional circumstances
- A demonstrable ability to engage and influence senior decision makers at all levels of organisation
- An evidenced ability to drive continuous improvement and develop new ways of working
- A flexible/adaptable working style and the ability to work effectively in often ambiguous situations
This role could be based in any existing Save the Children location.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Save the Children Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others!