Job Vacancy Opened at United Nations for Application | How to Apply.
The United Nations Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
United Nations Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The United Nations recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Kenyapen.com.
- The United Nations jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of United Nations Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
The Department of Safety and Security is responsible for providing leadership, operational support and oversight of the security management system to enable the safest and most efficient conduct of the security programmes and activities of the United Nations System.
These positions are located in the Training and Development Section of the Department of Safety and Security. The Security Training Officers respectively report to the Chief of the Training and Development Section through the Security Training Officer, P4.
Within delegated authority, the Security Training Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Reviews and/or provides advice and support to managers and staff, including in agencies, funds and programmes, on security training related matters, i.e. interpretation and application/exceptions of security training standards, policies, regulations, rules and procedures; recommends changes as required.
• Participates and/or leads security training projects to evaluate the impact of training, redesign existing standards, create new learning tools to address gaps and/or strengthen the management and quality assurance processes.
• Keeps abreast of developments in various areas of security training and learning.
• Supervises and monitors the work of the Team Assistants in carrying out all administrative transactions related to security training projects and courses for which the security training officer is responsible.
• Coordinates and administers examinations and tests related to training certification of professional, general service and other categories of security staff.
• Identifies and analyzes training, staff development and career support needs for the Integrated Security Workforce and managers with security responsibilities and designs programmes to meet identified needs cost-effectively and in accordance with the Learning and Development Strategy for the Integrated Security Workforce.
• Provides advice on training, mobility and career development to Integrated Security Workforce personnel, particularly young professionals and staff in the General Service and related categories.
• Designs, plans, monitors and provides induction orientation, core and specialist learning programmes for security personnel.
• Assesses training needs, identifies, designs and delivers training programmes to staff and managers with security responsibilities at all levels throughout the United Nations Security Management System.
• Assists in preparing policy papers, position papers and briefing notes for DSS senior management, the Security Training Working Group, the Inter-Agency Security Management Network and other stakeholders on issues related to security training and examinations and tests, and collects and maintains related data sources.
• Performs other related work as required.
Professionalism: Knowledge in the field of design, delivery and evaluation of training and learning, including knowledge of diverse delivery methodologies (e.g. online, blended and face-to-face delivery methods). Ability to coordinate and implement the team’s resources in accordance with the training implementation plan. Proven ability to plan and organize work. Good drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written. Proven ability as a trainer. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Creativity: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in learning, security management, business or public administration, social sciences, or related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. A first level degree or diploma from a police or military education institution in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in learning and development, adult learning, training or a related area.
Experience working in a multicultural and/or international work environment in a field mission or post-conflict environment outside home country is also required.
At least one year of international experience in security risk management or in the management and delivery of security training programmes is highly desirable.
Demonstrated experience in evaluating training programmes is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French or Arabic is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
he United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) is taking efforts to improve gender parity, including full implementation of the UN-wide, and Departmental Gender Strategies. We are committed to providing an inclusive culture and exciting opportunities for women in the security and operations field.
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures.
An impeccable record for integrity and professional ethical standards is essential.
The selection process for this job opening will be conducted pursuant to ST/AI/2010/3 on the “Staff Selection System” and include the compliance review process by a review body described in staff rule 4.15.
The Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and administrative issuance governing staff appointments can be viewed at: http://www.un.org/hr_handbook/English.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15th April, 2020
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the United Nations Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!