Job Vacancy Opened at International Budget Partnership Kenya for Application | How to Apply.
The International Budget Partnership Kenya Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
International Budget Partnership Kenya Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The International Budget Partnership Kenya recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Kenyapen.com.
- The International Budget Partnership Kenya jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of International Budget Partnership Kenya Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
Under the supervision of the Country Manager, the Advocacy Officer will work collaboratively with all other colleagues of the IBPK team to ensure the successful implementation of IBP strategy for Kenya. At its core is the support of poor and marginalized persons to effect change and impact their lives by ensuring that public resources match their and other public priorities. This is by building civil society capacity, with a strong focus on analyzing public budgets to expose and unblock service delivery gaps affecting the poor and marginalized in Kenya communities.
The Advocacy Officer will be expected to lead in certain functional areas critical to the implementation of our strategy. This will include designing and implementing an advocacy strategy, specifically engaging duty bearers at different levels and supporting our partners to engage them effectively. The Advocacy Officer will need to ensure that the support and assistance that partners need from these functional areas is provided in a timely and effective way. At the same time, the Advocacy Officer will also be expected to lead in managing the partnership relations with a few of the SPARK program partners, coordinating with other IBPK colleagues to ensure that the support and assistance that is needed by this set of partners is provided in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will be deeply interested in engaging in a complex space of public budgets development and implementation, citizen engagement and public accountability. S/he will demonstrate initiative and experience in community and government engagements, innovative thinking and acting as well as willingness to work in a small but very dynamic team. S/he will be ready to have a steep learning curve as the work is already ongoing.
Though itemized below its worth mentioning that work in IBP Kenya as guided by our country strategy and relevant work plans are collaborative, all rounded and multifaceted. Thus, staff members lead and follow on different tasks and responsibilities, but the entire team adds value to the specific work. The goal is to have everyone’s back covered for the
collective and individual success.
Advocacy and Campaigns Management
The Advocacy Officer Will Be Expected To Weave In And Innovatively Lead The Team In The Following Responsibilities
This is a core responsibility of this position and it entails working with civil society partners and supporting their engagement with government either directly or through their coalitions.
- Support IBPK and partners to develop and implement advocacy actions that are evidence based and politically feasible.
- Undertake and apply political economy analysis in budgets and service delivery campaigns.
- Map actors’ interests and power analyses including establishing appropriate entry points into government decision making processes.
- Support and assist in, and from time to time lead, facilitation of capacity building of partners at national and county level on the budget process, budget analysis and participation in budgeting and service delivery advocacy around the country.
- Support partners to manage and track the campaigns progress.
Partnerships and Outreach
Our partnerships and outreach approach is aimed at educating the public and government officials for meaningful engagement. As such it builds on the traditional sense of outreach such as communications, dissemination and public relations to sensitive, mobilize and develop capacity in citizens to act individually and collectively in seeking the change they desire. On the government side, this responsibility entails using officially available data and our own research to support partners to advocate to the officials to develop and implement policies that benefit citizens. At its centre is a partnerships and outreach engagement approach that has a budget and service delivery outcome in mind. The Advocacy Officer will::
- Lead in the planning for and ensuring that our work outputs including research and training content is communicated to IBPK partners and other audiences.
- Lead in the packaging, reviewing, layout & design of content on appropriate formats, such as infographics, blog posts, social media posts, and op-eds in dailies and online platforms as necessary.
- Support the cultivation of relevant partnerships that advance the work of IBP in Kenya at national and county level.
- Support constant outreach to government including through making formal submissions on various budget policies.
- Provide technical support to our partners outreach engagements.
Capacity Building Support
Building On The First Two Areas Of Responsibilities, The Role Of The Advocacy Officer Will Include The Following Collaborative Tasks
As indicated a key part of IBPK Kenya’s work is facilitating and supporting our implementing, peer and government partners to effectively engage through budgets to transform the lives of Kenyans. We undertake an array of engagements that include Training, Technical Assistance and Strategic accompaniment for research, analysis, campaigns organizing, advocacy and communication.
- Undertake capacity needs assessments with our partners and develop and facilitate relevant advocacy capacity building efforts. This includes supporting evidence generation and packaging for the campaigns we are engaged in.
- Support in supervision of external contractors and service partners engaged to provide sector/service specific training and technical assistance as needed.
- Collaboratively provide technical assistance and strategic accompaniment to partners during the implementation of projects on budget process, budget analysis, participation and transparency in service delivery.
Thus, This Area Of Responsibility Is Collaborative And Rotational In Day To Day Engagement
IBP Kenya is on a deliberate journey of ensuring we closely monitor, evaluate, learn and report on the work we are doing. This is part of our global focus as a learning organization. We have an external consultant supporting our regular reflection and learning from an Action Research methodology.
- Participate in the development of appropriate tools and methods for data collection and work with program officers, consortium partners and grantees to ensure the quality of data collection, entry, and storage.
- Support collection and collation of quantitative and qualitative performance indicators for uploading on the IBP, Inc. database and for internal purposes.
- Work with colleagues to develop effective communication tools for sharing MEL findings with stakeholders including donors, partners and grantees especially through storytelling.
- Support IBPK’s corporate communications such as responding to inquiries and telephone calls, emailing partners on planned work and disseminating research products.
- Participate in IBPK and IBP Inc all-staff meetings and retreats, and in some SPARK Team meetings – as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Country Manager, in accordance with IBP administrative and financial protocols, policies and procedures.
Requirements of the position
- At least 5 years’ experience in development work, implementing advocacy programs aimed at strengthening civil society to engage in governance, budget transparency and/or accountability
- Deep understanding government operations at national or subnational level
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy with/in communities, with government and partners in the civil society
- Demonstrated engagement in multi-year and multi-funded projects
- Deep knowledge of political economy analysis and collective action
- Experience implementing and supporting collective agency building processes
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability and interest to work in generating stories for different audiences
- Strong skills in developing advocacy strategies aimed at government officials
- Working knowledge of public finance management in Kenya
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in and contribute to a culture of collaboration and teamwork in a diverse work environment
- Demonstrates a very high level of organization; a strong ability to prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Detail oriented and flexible including ability to work remotely
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fluent in written and spoken Kiswahili and English; able to communicate effectively with citizens, partners, consultants and vendors, as appropriate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package required
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, communications or related field
- Professional training in advocacy and government relations
- Training in law and financial management is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to International Budget Partnership career website on jobs.lever.co to apply
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the International Budget Partnership Kenya Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!