Job Vacancy Opened at African Population and Health Research Center for Application | How to Apply.
The African Population and Health Research Center Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
African Population and Health Research Center Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The African Population and Health Research Center recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Kenyapen.com.
- The African Population and Health Research Center jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of African Population and Health Research Center Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit organization that carries out high quality and policy-relevant research on population and health issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
In Kenya, cancer is the third leading cause of death after infectious diseases and cardiovascular diseases. However, the current response to this scourge in the country is inadequate, focused mostly on treatment of advanced disease. This has led to a largely unabated increase in the number of new cases of cancer and those dying from the disease.
It is in this context that we are establishing a Partnership for Cancer Prevention and Control in Kenya. Recognising the stewardship role government plays (or should play) in ensuring the health of all Kenyans, the Partnership will play a critical role in supporting the Kenya government in fulfilling its mandate, whilst holding it accountable in ensuring that all Kenyans have the best possible chance of living healthy lives.
The main intention of this initiative is to facilitate the establishment of a well-coordinated, multi- and inter-sectoral response that complements and supports efforts by the government in addressing the rising burden of cancer. The Partnership will, therefore, seek to integrate and coordinate efforts and actions from various actors in cancer prevention, and catalyze a shift in the balance of efforts between treatment and prevention by the government. It will bring together a broad range of institutions and actors to implement joint actions that are informed by multi- and inter-sectoral perspectives.
APHRC seeks the services of a Program Administrator who will coordinate all program activities envisaged under this initiative; the appointment will be for a period of 10 months.
- Develop a detailed work-plan in consultation with other team-members at APHRC, and oversee its implementation;
- Organize and facilitate consultative meetings with key stakeholders and partners, collate feedback from the consultations and incorporate it into the draft concept note for the Partnership, thereafter coordinating the finalization of the Partnership concept note;
- Coordinate the development and signing of relevant formal partnership instruments as needed;
- Create and maintain a database of contacts relevant for the success of the Partnership, maintain regular contact and communication with all partners and key stakeholders;
- Support fundraising efforts for the Partnership by intelligence gathering, coordinate grant writing efforts and provide administrative support for proposal development;
- Provide general administrative support to the project team at APHRC;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive filing system for all documentation produced in the course of the assignment; and
- Represent APHRC at any meetings held by partners with relevance to the Partnership goals and objectives.
Qualifications, Experience And Skills
- Master’s Degree in Sociology; Political Science; Public Health; Development Communications or other related disciplines;
- An understanding of the cancer prevention and control landscape in Kenya including policies, ongoing initiatives and key stakeholders;
- Experience in conducting literature review and evidence synthesis;
- Well-developed written and spoken communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with multiple stakeholders including high-ranking government officials, the private sector, academics and civil society actors; and
- Demonstrated experience in organizing events and report writing.
How to Apply
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the African Population and Health Research Center Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!