World Press Institute Fellowships application form 2020 | How to Apply for this opportunity online.
All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the World Press Institute Fellowships before the application deadline.
The World Press Institute Fellowships 2020 for Journalists worldwide (Fully-funded to the US) application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other opportunities updates are published here on kenyapen.com for free.
World Press Institute Fellowships Application Instruction
- The World Press Institute Fellowships application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of World Press Institute Fellowships.
Applications are invited for the World Press Institute Fellowships 2020. Each year, hundreds of professional journalists from around the world apply for 10 WPI fellowship slots.
The chosen finalists represent some of the best journalists in their respective countries. They are innately curious, intelligent and ambitious, and approach journalism with a deep sense of dedication and responsibility.
Fellows gain access to, engage in and observe the role, responsibility and impact of a free press firsthand in one of the world’s largest, most diverse democracies. Through an immersive program, you will learn how the U.S. founding principles of a free press and journalistic best practices help foster transparency and accountability of government institutions, businesses and organizations, including the most powerful ones.
In a guided tour across the country – including Chicago, New York City, Miami, Austin (Texas), San Francisco, and more – you will meet with and interview subject matter experts in media outlets, think tanks and advocacy organizations. You will hear firsthand accounts of new business models being tested and implemented among national and local media outlets.
You will learn about U.S. history and current affairs, as well as challenges the U.S. media faces, while experiencing and reporting on social, economic and political issues. You also will interact with people from a variety of walks of life and get some free time along the way to explore on your own.
WPI pays the following program expenses:
- Roundtrip airfare to the United States.
- Travel within the United States related to the WPI program.
- Fellows receive a modest daily allowance to purchase food.
Fellows are responsible for personal expenses, such as phone, camera, postage and clothing.
- Applicants should have at least five years of full-time employment in print, broadcast or online journalism, including:
- News or editorial departments of newspapers, wire services, radio, television, websites or online publications.
- Photojournalists, editorial cartoonists, columnists and broadcast producers.
- Those who supervise journalists are eligible if they also have at least five years as a working journalist.
- Any journalism-related work completed as a university student does not count toward experience. Those who work in public relations or at organizations whose primary business is not the media are not eligible.
- Must be currently employed as a non-U.S. journalist working outside of the United States.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Potential for leadership.
WPI Fellows are required to adhere to the following terms. Violations of these terms could result in termination from the program.
- Prepare for and participate in all briefings and WPI scheduled events.
- Stay through the entirety of program and return to home countries when the program ends.
- Write for the WPI website among other outlets as assigned. Fellows are also encouraged to share with their readers, listeners or viewers back home.
- Participate in periodic reviews and evaluations, including several roundtable discussions to share insights into the U.S. or international journalism issues.
- Acceptance for others of different cultures.
- Willingness to travel – the program locations change frequently, and fellows often live out of suitcases.
- Applicants are required to submit the names and email addresses of three professional references.
- References will be contacted by WPI to submit online letters of recommendation.
- References should be familiar with the applicant’s work and able to comment in English on their journalistic abilities, potential for growth and leadership abilities.
- One reference should be a direct supervisor.
- Letters must be in English and address the applicant’s experience, qualifications and potential.
For more information, visit World Press Fellowships.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the World Press Institute Fellowships application, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others!