ACEWM application form | How to Apply Online.
All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the World Bank/Addis Ababa University Masters & PhD Scholarships in Water Management 2023/2024 for young African Students (Funded) before the application deadline.
The ACEWM application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other opportunities updates are published here on kenyapen.com for free.
World Bank/Addis Ababa University Masters & PhD Scholarships in Water Management 2023/2024/2023/2024 for young African Students (Funded) Application Instruction
- The ACEWM application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of ACEWM.
The Africa Center of Excellence for Water Management (ACEWM) is an initiative of the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and the World Bank Group and through the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) Regional Center hosted by the Addis Ababa University (AAU). Since 2016, ACEWM has been offering an interdisciplinary MSc and PhD programs in the field of water management, with the primary purpose of training the next generation of water educators, researchers, managers, and professionals and engaging in community outreach activities. Currently, ACEWM (www.acewm-aau.org) has several PhD and MSc students from all over Africa and some other countries.
ACEWM has established partnerships with different universities nationally, regionally and internationally to collaborate in capacity building, faculty and student exchanges, research and internships. ACEWM engages high caliber and renowned professionals in the field of water management from different disciplines.
Duration of the Programs
The PhD program will have duration of 4 years and the MSc program 2 years.
Mode of Delivery
– The programs are a full-time study and teaching takes place through lectures, seminars, and field based studies. In addition, teaching may be conducted through video conference and technology enhanced learning approach.
– The language of instruction throughout the study is English.
• Ph.D. applicants must have a Master’s Degree earned from a college or university of recognized standing with a grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale or equivalent in ECTS. However, applicants with grade point averages between 3.0 and 3.5 will be given consideration based on their experience and achievement.
• Applicants to the Ph.D. program should provide evidence of capacity for research. This includes a master’s thesis published paper in reputable journal or other appropriate evidence of capacity to conduct high quality research.
• All applicants’ undergraduate Cumulative GPA must not be less than 2.75 for males and not less than 2.50 for females on a 4.0 scale.
• Applicants who have completed their degree/diploma from foreign universities (other than Ethiopia) are required to obtain their degree/diploma equivalent from the Ethiopian Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA) before admission. (Academic documents authentication by relevant office is mandatory during admission).
• Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of English language and provide proof of proficiency.
• The age limit at the time of application for M.Sc. applicants is 30 years or less and for Ph.D. 40 years or less.
• Applicants need to meet also the general requirements laid down by the School of Graduate Studies, Addis Ababa University (www.aau.edu.et)
Application Requirements and Procedures
• A cover page containing applicant’s full name as it appears on applicant’s ID/Passport, full contact details including residential and postal address, email and telephone number(s),
• A copy of ID/Passport,
• Detailed curriculum vitae not exceeding 4 pages,
• Authenticated copies of previous degrees and official transcripts from previous university/college,
• Applicants wishing to pursue a PhD program should submit a concept note not exceeding 5 pages.
• Applicants for PhD programs should identify at least one PhD supervisor and include CV of her/his potential supervisor and consent to supervise the applicant’s research work during the study period.
• Applicants for PhD programs should be willing to undertake their fulltime research in Ethiopia A personal statement/motivation letter describing the candidate’s interest to join the program not exceeding 500 words,
• Applicants sponsored by their institutions are required to submit a sponsorship letter from their institution. (The form can be downloaded from www.aau.edu.et/
Employed applicants must provide a letter of full commitment from their employers that they will be granted study leave.
• Three letters of recommendation from instructors/supervisors from previous educational institution, organizations,
• Certificate of professional experience if there is any,
Fellowship for Regional Students
• ACEWM will have a modest funding to support research projects of all applicants.
• In addition to research support, ACEWM will provide full scholarship for very limited number (3 PhD and 5 MSc) of highly competent applicants from African Countries other than Ethiopia. A monthly stipend of 600 USD (Equivalent amount paid in ETB) for MSc. and 800 USD (Equivalent amount paid in ETB) for PhD applicants. The stipend includes accommodation.
• Other applicants are required to be sponsored by their respective institutions or by themselves.
• There will be limited space for private applicants. Private applicants are expected to cover all costs of their study and should provide evidence indicating their financial capacity to complete their study smoothly on time.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Using our online application form – https://acewm-aau.org/call-for-application-2023/2024-2023/2024/
An electronic copy of the application documents in English and in a single PDF document shall be submitted to both of the following contacts:
To: Mr. Netsanet Assefa, Student Affairs Officer, ACEWM, E-mail: [email protected]
Dr. Ahmed Mustefa, Academic Program Officer, Email: [email protected]
Dr. Beteley Tekola, Deputy Head, ACEWM, Email [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their emails.
Application Deadline: June 15th 2023/2024
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the ACEWM application, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others!